The patient must arrive one hour before the intervention to the clinic so that we can explain the sequence of events and begin necessary preparations.
The intervention is done under local anesthesia or light sedation depending on the decision taken during the pre-operative consultation.
- The small incision is done in scalp: it will be totally invisible afterwards.
- The suspension threads are placed in the deep tissue thanks to a special patented needle: Intemporel®. While the patient is in an upright position, the symmetry of the suspension is adjusted notably according to the skin’s elasticity.
- The intervention lasts between one hour and one hour and a half and the patient can leave the clinic after a light meal and an hour’s rest. There is therefore no need for the patient to be hospitalized.
Upon leaving the clinic
- The patient will receive a prescription of analgesics as well as the necessary products for the post-operative treatment, which is very simple.
- We advise the patient to put some ice on his face during the first 24 or 48 hours after the operation and to sleep with the head slightly raised, during the first 4 to 5 days.
- We advise the patient against rubbing his face in the first post-operative week. The face can be cleaned with a mineral water spray.
Post-operative side effects
- Feeling tension on the temples is normal during 48 hours.The threads used and placed in depth, are neither visible nor palpable.The cheekbone is sensitive during a few days with light edema and possibly some light bruises that can be prevented with arnica. These light bruises can be concealed with make-up.Downtime lasts only a few days.
The threads used and placed in depth, are neither visible nor palpable.
The cheekbone is sensitive during a few days with light edema and possibly some light bruises that can be prevented with arnica. These light bruises can be concealed with make-up.
Downtime lasts only a few days
- The result is optimal in the third post-operative month, with a very natural result and no apparent scars.
- All patients ask the same question: How long will it last?
- As this technique is relatively recent, we know that the result lasts at least three to four years, but nothing forbids us from thinking that its action can last longer, because the permanent threads should hold the tissue over a longer period.
Risks and complications
Any type of intervention involves risks, even under the most expert hands and in high quality facilities.
- a small irregularity of the surface, that is almost always transitory, can occur and can be corrected with an injection of fillers, such as hyaluronic acid;
- a prolonged edema of the lower lid or prolonged sensibility of the cheekbone may appear rarely
- a vascular or nervous damage is theoretically possible, but has never occurred until now;
- an hematoma or infection is always possible, but remains extremely rare;
- no permanent after-effect has been observed;
- in case of need, it is always possible to remove a thread without any difficulty